2. Taking a break at the junction with the Gore Range Trail - still a long way to go...
3. Abbe & Michael: This was the first backpack trip for Abbe (left), a phenomenal trooper whose energy and warm smile inspired us all
4. what ho? A train of five horses - 3 pack animals and two wranglers - carrying in our tools and gear
6a. 18 sec. video: The pack train heads on up with our gear...
7. On up Slate Creek Valley, glaciated but oh-so-wide, perhaps the most beautiful valley in the entire Gore Range
8. New sprouting from old
9. We met the Regans, Mom and daughter, backpacking with friends, at the beautiful Upper Slate Lake
11. Melissa and Justin, getting ready to tackle some campfire rings. If you want to see how it's done, please check out the pictures from our project at Upper Cataract Lake last month - Click HERE.
12. Peak J above Upper Slate Lake
14. Heading back down to Slate Lake
15. The weather? Like this the entire weekend
17. John, Tom, and Bill R.
18. Good signs of beaver activity on Slate Creek
20. John and Tom spotted an illegal campfire ring on the way out, and dealt with it...
21. Stones and logs from the illegal campfire ring went into the river
24. The remains of the cabin the junction of the Gore Range Trail and the Slate Creek Trail